What is Sehat Insaf Card?
The Health Facility Program is a milestone in the direction of social welfare reform. Ensuring that less privileged citizens are identified across the country. This is to get access to their entitled medical health care. In a fast and dignified manner without any financial responsibility.
Upscale the Sehat Insaf Card Programme
As part of its poverty alleviation drive. Across Pakistan’s poorest districts, the PTI, in its manifesto, states that
“He said that it would take forward the Sahat Insaf Card program across Pakistan. To provide access to quality healthcare to citizens, and augment the existing BISP program”.
How to apply for a health card in Pakistan and Health Card Application?
Here is a complete step by step guide on how to apply. This is to get Sehat Insaf Card or Health Card under the prime minister program. Sehat Card was introduced in Punjab. The Insaf card was launched in Khyber Pakhtun Khuan (KPK) a few years ago. One should have these cards for medical purposes.
How to get a Health Card in Pakistan?
Health is wealth and it is a statement that cannot be misunderstood under any circumstances. It is a basic human right that is important for the prosperity of a nation. We have been observing for a long. That every government has promised to meet the basic needs of the Pakistani people. In the case of health and education, in particular. It has always been more of a political statement than a concern for the nation. Surprisingly, the PTI government has taken the initiative to help the needy. By providing them with health facilities across the country.
In developing countries, health budgets are considered an investment rather than an expense. If we look over the system abroad, every developed country has ensured the provision. It ensures healthcare for all under the health insurance system. The costs are borne by the government or one of the social security departments.
Unfortunately, the situation is entirely different in Pakistan. As people usually prefer to stay sick even if it takes them to death. All because that medical treatment for any of the diseases is so much expensive. And a common man can’t afford it. This initiative of health cards may be doing something good in this regard.
How to get the Sehat Insaf Card?
Here is an easy guide available. That how you can get and use Sehat Insaf Card to avail medical facilities:
- Check your eligibility
- SMS your national ID card number to 8500 to check your eligibility in the program.
- Get your Sehat Insaf card
- If you have been declared eligible, you can obtain your Health Justice Card from a card distribution center developed in your District of Justice.
- Gather Information and Documents required
- Determine the empaneled hospitals for Sehat Sahulat Program.
- You have to bring these documents when you visit the empaneled Government hospitals or Private hospitals.
- Sehat Insaf card
- Original CNIC
- B-Form (In case of child treatment)
- Use your Sehat Insaf card to get treatment
- After reaching the empaneled hospital you may approach the dedicated representative counter for further assistance. The SSP staff shall verify your Seat Insaf card. This will guide you to the relevant hospital department for the treatment.
- Get the treatment free of cost
- The cost of treatment after the patient has been admitted shall be charged from the Sehat Insaf card.
- NOTE: This facility is only available in case of patient needs admission in the hospital
- Provide Feedback
- Call at: 0800-09009, for your feedback. You may also receive a phone call from the SSP team to get your feedback to improve the services and treatment received.
- You can also send us your feedback/complaints through our website feedback form.
Why Insaaf Card is important for you?
Sehat Sahulat program is a milestone in the direction of social welfare reform. Ensuring that less privileged citizens are identified across the country. To get access to their entitled medical health care in a swift and dignified manner. This is without any financial obligations. The SSP program’s objective is to improve access of the poor population. And also, to good quality medical services, through a micro health insurance scheme.
Approximately 7.2 million families consisting of 32 million people below the poverty line. This will benefit initially. Anyone earning less than $2 (Rs 300) per day will be entitled to the benefit. The scheme covers approximately 30 percent of the population of Punjab at present. With the scope to cover the entire population in the next few years.
Benefits of Sehat Insaf Card
The Sehat Insaf Card provides comprehensive cover to beneficiaries and holders. It will be entitled to free-of-cost hospitalization, emergency services, in-patient services (all medical and surgical cases). Also includes fractures/injuries, referral transportation, maternity services, and free follow-ups.
In addition to secondary care services, eight major diseases will be also covered. Under priority cover package, including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, burns, and road traffic accidents. Also, last-stage renal diseases and dialysis’, chronic diseases (TB, Hep A/B/C, HIV, chronic liver disease). Organ failure, oncology, and neurosurgical services are also included.
The cardholder can get treatment for Rs 5 to 10 lakh. 720,000 annually. That Rs. 720,000 can be raised further if required. If the cardholder or his family member suffers from a serious and costly illness. Then the treatment will not stop because the insurance money has run out. But the government can provide another five hundred rupees. Complete 360,000 more treatments per family each year.
In addition to medical facilities, the card also provides transportation assistance. The transportation cost of Rs. 1,000 will be paid per family per visit.
The inclusion of public and private hospitals in the panelists. The poor could not think of going to private hospitals before this scheme. Now they can enter these hospitals with confidence and receive treatment.
INITIAL COVERAGE PKR 60,000 / FAMILY / YEAR
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE PKR 60,000 / FAMILY
- In-Patient Services (All Medical and Surgical Procedures).
- Emergency Treatment requiring admission.
- Maternity Services (Normal Delivery and C – Section).
- Maternity Consultancy / Antenatal Check-ups
- Maternal Consultancy for family planning, immunization, and nutrition.
- Fractures / Injuries.
- Post hospitalization.
- Local Transportation Cost of PKR 1,000 (thrice per year).
- Provision of transport to tertiary care hospitals.
INITIAL COVERAGE PKR 300,000 / FAMILY / YEAR
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE PKR 300,000 / FAMILY
- In-Patient Services (All Medical and Surgical Procedures).
- Heart diseases (Angioplasty/bypass).
- Diabetes Mellitus Completion.
- Burns and RTA (Life, Limb Saving Treatment, implants, Prosthesis).
- End stage kidney diseases/ dialysis.
- Chronic infections (Hepatitis/HIV).
- Organ Failure (Liver, Kidney, Heart, Lungs).
- Cancer (Chemo, Radio, Surgery).
- Neurosurgical Procedure.
You must log in to post a comment.
[…] How to apply for a health card in Pakistan and Criteria? […]